Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Those were the days...

Those were the days… Those were the days… Those were the days…

Those were the days when I ran from the class to get the window seat in the school bus

Those were the days when I use to enjoy in the recess time eating the adjacent lunch box more than that of mine.

Those were the days when my dad use to gift me the new board game for all the first ranks I scored

Those were the days when working only for 1 hour on homework gave me an edge over my competitors

Those were the days when I use to race with my brother to get ready for the school early

Those were the days when I use to enjoy 60 days of “paid” summer vacation

Those were the days when sleeping used to be my favorite pastime

Those were the days when I was happy for having just 5 bucks in my pocket

Those were the days when I was least concerned about the duties of Income Tax department

Those were the days when I was enjoying life on Sunday thinking that I have two games period on Monday

Those were the days when I was eager to know marks of my competitors more than mine

Those were the days when I use to borrow good sharpened pencil from my friend and not giving him back

Those were the days when I use to follow my new classmate to know her house

Those were the days when I use to bunk picnic to get a compensatory holiday

Those were the days when I was ready to do anything to get rewarded with one game of battle city TV game

Those were the days when we use to fight for the equal distribution of raw mangoes that we collected from township

Those were the days when my friends use to give me bumps on my birthday

Those were the days when playing marbles was given priority over bowling and billiards

Those were the days when I never missed a chance to play on the new sand heap near under construction building

Those were the days when we use to fight with friends for settlement of 2 bucks.

Those were the days when I use to fall in love with all the girls in my school at the first sight

Those were the days when I feel satisfied by just sighting aircraft passing over my house

Those were the days when I did not missed a single chance to blow the horn of my neighbor’s car

Those were the days when I was happy to party after the declaration of final exam results

Those were the days when I bunk the school because it did rained heavily last night

Those were the days when I was committing my dad to perform better in next exams and forgetting it the next day

Those were the days when my friends were teasing me for wearing same jeans every Wednesday

Those were the days when I was looking at you more than my textbook

Those were the days when I was fighting with my friends to share the window of school bus equally

Those were the days when I was getting severe punishment for not wearing uniform

Those were the days when I use to ring the period bell casually while passing by

Those were the days when I did not mind standing in a long queue to see the hot wheels display in the games shop

Those were the days when I use to work hard to get Zee channels on my TV set without paying for it

Those were the days when I use to start preparing for the exams just one day before and eagerly seeing how close my best friend is sitting to me on the day of examination

Those were the days when my dad use to slap me for not summing up the carry over from the previous addition

Those were the days when we use to plan for cricket match bunking the “irrelevant” lectures in the college

Those were the days when most of us had a common word to say in lectures when teacher turns to write something on the whiteboard… “YO!”

Those were the days when sitting on the jute bed made me happier than on the wooden bench.

Those were the days when changing the variable names in my friend’s program would make the program for me.

No comments: